My 2017 in numbers (I'm geeky like this... 🤓)
1. Added/accepted 134 new FB (and other social networks. I just use FB as peg since it has an official count) friends, purged some, blocked a few, refused to accept others coz I value my friendships...
2. Attended 1 blessed wedding, only my 4th in over 10 years. Those who know me well know why I seldom attend weddings.
3. Two graduations, 2 championships for my 2 younger kids. Maui from HS, valedictorian, IIAAG boy basketball (undefeated). Ally from MS, A Honors, ACSC girls volleyball.
4. All 3 kiddos reached age-related milestones and I am reminded of how far along we, as joysplus3, have come. Redd turned 21, Maui turned 18, and Ally turned 13. I remain forever 22 😉
5. Went to 5 countries only 🛫. At least I got to see a new one, even if only for a few days.
6. Zero marathons done and ran the equivalent of almost 15 marathons in mileage. That's low and disappointing, but each mile was a joy and in mostly new places or old favorite ones. Running continues to exhilarate me.
7. Five hikes done ⛰. Blessed to have re/discovered a new interest. Looking forward for more.
8. Finished 3 wellness-related programs. Lost at least 15lbs. Best of all, I think I've found a way to manage my migraine and vertigo attacks - have been free of it for the last 3 months - yey!
9. Joined 4 new groups and met some awesome new acquaintances who'll most likely become friends.
10. Read or reread ~30books. It feels low but right, so I have to do an actual count for this stat to be confirmed. What I know is that I surely had a lot of laughs, tears, and insightful moments while reading.
11. One major life lesson.
I thought 2017 was a pretty challenging year for me until I did my positive numbers review. It's an exercise I do every year and I thought of sharing it this time. I just realized how truly blessed I've been in 2017 and can't wait for what 2018 brings!!! 🙏🙏🙏
Happy New Year everyone!!!
About this post: Originally written as a post on FB for new year's day 2018. I usually do a look back in positive numbers at the start of every year to remind me how blessed I am, and psyche me up for the coming year.